Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11!!

Even though time is just time,
There is no crime
For checking it

It happens to be
The wonderful three
Elevens.

  Yeah... That was a weird poem. Well today was 11/11/11, which is an incredibly important day in all of our little kid lives. We will never see that date again after today, unless we live for another hundred years (Which could be possible). In gym, we were playing basketball and our game was so intense that I had no idea why everyone was cheering and screaming all around me, since it was 11:11. I made a very secret wish, that I ain't tellin no person! I'm also making a wish at 11:11 PM today with Emily Scott, doubling it for extra measure :D
  So on Facebook this week, there's a poll on there that asks you to complete the following problem: 5+5+5-5+5+5-5+5x0. Almost all of my friends answered "0", which, to your surprise, is wrong. My first thought was "0" but only for about a minute. I then realized that it couldn't be THAT easy to have so many people answering that question on a daily basis. I went over the other choices of answers and found that the answer was 15. Of course the answer to everything multiplied by "0" is "0", but in this case, the answer is not.
  According to PEMDAS, you have to do multiplication first which would be the last five and the zero, so that would equal 0. Now, most people would get it and just do the math with the rest of the fives, which would equal 15.
  I updated my status to "The answer to 5+5+5-5+5+5-5+5x0 is 15, NOT 0!" I checked facebook about an hour later to have 15 replies all saying "NO IT'S ZERO DUUUH" "I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART!" "EVERYTHING TIMES ZERO IS ZERO DUR DUR DERP". Well, the capslock is slightly over exaggerated, but you get the idea. When I replied with how it's right, they all felt incredibly stupid. Mwahaha.
  Well, that's it for now! I hope to post soon, maybe something interesting will happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment